About the approach
Mindfulness is the practice of being present. It is the art of conscious living, through systematic observation and study of the nature of our own mind. It consists of four aspects: mindfulness, compassion, wisdom and insight. It is a journey that step by step shows us the way to experience the present moment and self-acceptance – the way we really are.
Mindfulness Association definition of mindfulness” Being aware of what is happening, while it is happening, without preference”.
Mindfulness is understood as „self-regulation of attention so as to be focused on direct experience, thus allowing for increased recognition of mental events in the current time” (Bishop et.al., 2004) or „intentional process of observing, describing and participate in reality without judgment at the time and efficiently „(Dimidjian, Linehan, 2003)
During the training we use psychological definitions, so as to facilitate an understanding of what is going on in our minds. This is a way to know oneself better and to learn to work on emerging difficulties.
Mindfulness training is a kind of attitude and a set of techniques to develop a sense of the conscious mind and body. It’s about accepting the state in which we currently are, and the assimilation of thoughts and feelings as they are – without judging them and struggle and/or attracting them. We learn to live in the here and now.
Just as we train the muscles of our body, so we can train our mind, which results in changes in the structure, activity and neuroplasticity of the brain. Practicing Mindfulness increases self-awareness, self-control, attention and empathy.
What positive effects can Mindfulness bring us?
– A decrease in fear levels as well as levels of anxiety, stress, fatigue and irritability
– Increase of physical and mental resilience
– Development of emotional intelligence
– Reducing vulnerability to depression
– Reduction of addiction associated behaviors
– Improves our memory and learning skills
– Increases concentration skills
– Reduces chronic pain on a physical level
– Improves mood and quality of life in chronic pain
– Reduces levels of stress hormones in the blood
– Reduces blood pressure and the risk of high blood pressure: diminishes the risk ofbdeveloping cardiovascular disease.